North West Veterinary Dermatology Services
Veterinary Dermatology Services in Vancouver, Langley, Victoria, BC and
St. Albert, AB
ENSURING YOUR HEALTH AND YOUR PET’S HEALTH
COVID-19 Precautions for North West Veterinary Dermatology Services
North West Veterinary Dermatology is committed to doing everything possible to combat the corona virus outbreak. We are following the recommendations of the health ministry including: enforcing government isolation & travel protocols, increasing the frequency of our disinfection protocols, and introducing special admittance procedures to protect you and our staff.
As part of this commitment, as of March 17, 2020, due to COVID-19 concerns, North West Veterinary Dermatology Services will be instituting the following precautionary protocol for visiting clients to minimize the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
For your safety, the safety of our staff, and the safety of our communities, clients will not be allowed to enter the building.
We kindly ask that if any of the following apply to you, please phone us to discuss scheduling and alternative options. Please do not come to the clinic if you have:
- Travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days
- Tested positive for COVID-19
- Been in contact with someone that may have been exposed to COVID-19
- Have cold or flu-like symptoms
Patient and Client Care Flow
- Please let our front desk know by calling the Vancouver clinic at 604-428-0070 or the St. Albert clinic at 778-470-5100 FROM YOUR PARKED CAR when you arrive. One of our staff members will come to bring your pet into the practice, while you wait in your car. If you do not have a phone please knock on the front door.
- If there are special behavioural considerations with your dog (nervous, people aggressive, dog aggressive), please notify staff when you call from your car.
- We cannot accept ANY personal property (i.e. collars, leashes, blankets, toys, etc.) These must be removed and left with you. We will use slip leashes when retrieving your dog from your vehicle. Cats will need to remain in their carriers. We will sanitize these in the clinic.
- Your pet will be evaluated, and we will discuss the treatment options with you by phone. No treatments will be performed without your consent.
- We will discuss the history, findings, and treatment options via the phone.
- Consent for treatment estimates and deposits/payments will be done from your car, via email/phone. At this time, we are not accepting cash payments.
- At the time of discharge, instructions will be emailed to you and discussed over the phone. A staff member will bring your pet and prescribed medications to your car.
- Any questions or concerns can of course be discussed over the phone.
You may visit the following sites for more information about COVID-19 at:
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in supporting the efforts of our team to reduce the speed of transmission of COVID-19 in our community by maintaining a safe and healthy environment for the treatment of your pets.
North West Veterinary Dermatology Services has board certified veterinarians that specialize in itch relief, allergy management and ear diseases. Your pet's health and comfort are very important to us, and we take every possible measure to give your animals the care they deserve.
The role of your primary veterinarian is indispensable. The veterinarians at North West Veterinary Dermatology Services specialize in skin diseases and will work in partnership with your pet's primary veterinarian to maintain your pet's overall health. Our centrally located facilities are now accepting new patients and you can find directions on our Locations page.
At North West Veterinary Dermatology Services, your pet's comfort is of the utmost importance.