OTOLOGY CLINICWE DIAGNOSE AND MANAGE CHRONIC AND RECURRENT EAR DISEASES
(OTITIS EXTERNA AND MEDIA)
- Clinical evaluation of the ear canal and the tympanic membrane (eardrum)
- Identification and management of underlying disorders
- Working in consultation with referring practitioners and
- Veterinary surgeons for the surgical correction of chronic ear problems (total ear canal ablation/bullaosteotomy,
excision of polyps or tumors of the external ear canal)
- Veterinary radiologists for medical imaging of the ears (radiographic evaluation, Computed Tomography/CT scan,
Magnetic Resonance Imaging/MRI)
WE PERFORM THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES
- Ear cytology
- Ear bacterial culture and antibiotic sensitivity testing
- Videootoscopy-guided deep ear flushing under general anesthesia Our Karl Storz videootoscope enables us to thoroughly assess and treat chronic and recurrent ear diseases.
- Foreign objects, debris and parasites can be removed from the ear using tiny grasping forceps.
- Biopsies (and sometimes removal) of tumors or polyps can also be performed.
- Videootoscopy-guided myringotomy under general anesthesia
Myringotomy (a small incision in the eardrum) is required when the presence of otitis media is suspected after thorough cleaning of the ear canal. It allows collection and extraction of the mucus/pus located in the middle ear cavity.